List of tallest buildings and structures in the world Observation decks List of tallest buildings in the world List of tallest freestanding structures in the world List of tallest towers in the world List of tallest structures in the world
Giants of the Prairies is a song by the Canadian polka band the Kubasonics. It tells the story of the numerous "worlds biggest" roadside attractions to be found in Western Canada, especially in small towns populated mostly by Ukrainian Canadians. Brian Cherwick, the leader of the Kubasonics, has a Ph.D. from the Centre for Ukrainian Canadian Studies at the University of Alberta, titled "Polkas on the Prairies: Ukrainian Music and the Construction of Identity".
The water Hammer Mill at Dobeiv near Rokycany, is a unique technical monument commemorating the 500-year-old tradition of iron processing in this region of the Czech republic. Within the Czech Republic, it is considered the most important building of its kind. It is the first technical monument in the Pilsen Region, that was declared a national cultural monument in 2010. The monument is administered by the Dr. Bohuslav Horak Museum in Rokycany, which maintains a permanent exhibition here.
An imaginarium refers to a place devoted to the imagination. There are various types of imaginaria, centers largely devoted to stimulating and cultivating the imagination, towards scientific, artistic, commercial, recreational, or spiritual ends.
Jested Tower is a 94-meter-tall television transmitter built on the top of Jested mountain near Liberec in the Czech Republic. It is made of reinforced concrete shaped in a hyperboloid form. The towers architect is Karel Hubacek who was assisted by Zdenek Patrman, involved in building statics, and by Otakar Binar who designed the interior furnishing. It took the team three years to finalize the structure design. The construction itself took seven years to finish. The hyperboloid shape was chosen since it naturally extends the silhouette of the hill and, moreover, well resists the extreme c ...
Ponnur Hills is an area in Tiruvannamalai district of Tamil Nadu. It is the place were Kunda Kunda, the Digambar Jain Acharya spent a lot of time. It is believed that he visited Videha Kshetra and ascended to Heaven from here.
A scenic viewpoint – also called an observation point, viewpoint, viewing point, vista point, lookout, scenic overlook, etc. – is an elevated location where people can view scenery and photograph it. Scenic viewpoints may be created alongside mountain roads, often as simple turnouts where motorists can pull over onto pavement, gravel, or grass on the right-of-way. Many viewpoints are larger, having parking areas, while some typically on larger highways are off the road completely. Viewing points may also be found on hill or mountain tops or on rocky spurs overlooking a valley and reached v ...
A tourist trap is an establishment that has been created or re-purposed with the aim of attracting tourists and their money. While some establishments may be viewed by tourists as fun and interesting diversions, tourist traps can also have negative connotations when they direct travelers off highways into commercial areas, and could potentially be tacky, deceitful and an overall waste of time and money. Tourist traps will typically provide services, entertainment, food, souvenirs and other products for tourists to purchase.
Whispering rocks and Shrines of Tongo is found in Tengzug village, Ghana. The Rocks are famous for its arrangement where one rock comfortably sits on another. The rocks are also known for making strange whistling sounds in November and December of every year.
ⓘ Tourist attractions
- and forests, are examples of traditional tourist attractions which people may visit. Cultural tourist attractions can include historical places, monuments
- The following lists of tourist attractions include tourist attractions in various countries. List of airshows List of amusement parks List of aquaria
- Tourist attractions or scenic areas rated as AAAAA 5A are the most important and best - maintained tourist attractions in the People s Republic of China
- individual tourist attractions in the United States, lists of tourist attractions organized by subject region, and a selection of other notable tourist attractions
- This article contains lists of tourist attractions in England. Abbeys and priories in England List of amusement parks in the United Kingdom Amongst the
- Popular tourist attractions in Taiwan include the following: Beihai Tunnel, Beigan Chinese: 北海坑道 北竿 pinyin: Beihǎi Kēngdào bei gān Beihai Tunnel
- lists of tourist attractions in the countries of the United Kingdom see: List of tourist attractions in England List of tourist attractions in Northern
- list includes the tourist attractions on the island of Ireland which attract more than 100, 000 visitors annually. It includes attractions in both Northern
- is a city in the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It has numerous tourist attractions Simhachalam Temple, Kailasagiri, Borra Caves etc. List of state protected
- Rating Standard of Tourist Attractions Major Historical and Cultural Site Protected at the National Level AAAAA Tourist Attractions of China Chris Ryan
- Tourist attractions in West Bengal refers to the tourist attractions in the Indian state of West Bengal. West Bengal is a state in the eastern region of
- This is the list of tourist attractions in Malacca, Malaysia. Chitty Village Hang Tuah Village Jonker Walk Little India Morten Village Portuguese Settlement
- Kochi Mattancherry peninsula, is the historical part of the city and home to many tourist attractions such as the cantilevered Chinese fishing nets, the Mattancherry