The Blue Diamond is a tourist route in Iceland covering about 50 km looping from Reykjavik into the Reykjanes Peninsula and back. The primary stops on the Blue Diamond route in the Reykjanes Geopark are Gunnuhver largest mud geyser in Iceland, Valahnukur, Walk inside a crater – Stamparnir, The Raven Rift just like in Þingvellir – Almannagja, The Bridge Between Continents, Reykjanes lighthouse, Fridrik VIII, Presidents hill, Power Plant Earth, Fire Island, Krisuvik, Seltun, Vikingworld, Kvikan – House of Culture and Natural Resources and the Blue Lagoon. Other stops include The Icelandic Mu ...
The Blue Highway follows the ancient waterways from the Atlantic Ocean to Lake Onega. There are numerous lakes and rivers by the road. Vast areas of taiga forest dominate the landscape, and a section of the Scandinavian Mountains in Norway and western Sweden. There are rural villages as well as cities and towns by the Blue Highway.
The German Clock Road or German Clock Route is a holiday route that runs from the Central Black Forest through the Southern Black Forest to the Baar region and thus links the centres of Black Forest clock manufacturing.
The road is located in the Apennine Mountains and passes through Gran Sasso and Monti della Laga National Park, connecting Montorio al Vomano to Amiternum. The road ascends the Vomano Valley up to the 1.300 metres 4.300 ft altitude Capannelle Pass of the Apennines, then winds its way down, passing through the archaeological site of Amiternum, eastwards towards LAquila. The road is an enchanting portion of the old thoroughfare connecting the provincial capitals of Teramo and LAquila. On 1 December 1984 the tunnel under the Grand Sasso was open to the public and from then onward this ancient ...
The Wild Atlantic Way is a tourism trail on the west coast, and on parts of the north and south coasts, of Ireland. The 2.500 km driving route passes through nine counties and three provinces, stretching from County Donegals Inishowen Peninsula in Ulster to Kinsale, County Cork, in Munster, on the Celtic Sea coast. The route is broken down into five sections: County Donegal County Kerry to County Cork County Mayo to County Clare County Clare to County Kerry County Donegal to County Mayo Along the route there are 157 discovery points, 1.000 attractions and more than 2.500 activities. The ro ...
National Tourist Routes are eighteen highways in Norway designated by the Norwegian Public Roads Administration for their picturesque scenery and tourist-friendly infrastructure, such as rest stops and viewpoints. The routes cover 1.850 kilometres and are located along the West Coast, in Northern Norway and in the mountains of Southern Norway. The authorities have coordinated the establishment of accommodation, cultural activities, dining, sale of local arts and crafts, and natural experiences along the tourist roads. The overall goal of the project is to increase tourism in the rural area ...
The R574 is an Irish regional road in the Beara peninsula which crosses the Caha Mountains via the Healy Pass. It runs from the R572 at Adrigole in County Cork to the R571 near Lauragh in County Kerry. It is a popular tourist route with the pass at an altitude of 300m giving panoramas towards Bantry Bay to the south-east and the Kenmare River to the north-west. The original track, called the Kerry Pass, was cut during the Great Famine as a poor relief public works project. It was renamed for Timothy Michael Healy, former Governor-General of the Irish Free State, who died in 1931 shortly af ...
ⓘ Scenic routes
- A scenic route tourist road, tourist route tourist drive, holiday route theme route or scenic byway is a specially designated road or waterway that
- Scenic Routes is an album by roots music band Lost Dogs, released on BAI Records in 1992. The album began as a one time recording effort from the frontmen
- rights of abutters, for example on State Route 174. Any county highway that is believed to have outstanding scenic qualities is considered eligible, and
- U.S. Route 40 Scenic US 40 Scenic is a scenic route of US 40 in the U.S. state of Maryland. US 40 Scenic which is known for most of its route as National
- The Southern Scenic Route is a tourist highway in New Zealand linking Queenstown, Fiordland, Te Anau and the iconic Milford Road to Dunedin via, Riverton
- Washington State Scenic and Recreational Highways program is a system of scenic routes in the U.S. state of Washington. The passage of the Scenic and Recreational
- Transportation Department AHTD as scenic highways. The Arkansas General Assembly designates routes for scenic byway status upon successful nomination
- The Inland Scenic Route is a touring route in Canterbury, New Zealand. In the north, the route starts in Rangiora and in the south, it ends at Orari Bridge
- offering scenic overlooks. The Pine Barrens Byway consists of three routes that run through the Pine Barrens in southern New Jersey. The northern route of the
- system of Utah Scenic Byways in addition to the National Scenic Byways that are defined within the state. Some of the state designated routes overlap with
- This is a list of state scenic byways in Oregon. The byways are divided into two types: state scenic byways and touring routes In addition to the state - designated
- The Colorado Scenic and Historic Byways are highway and backroad routes in the U.S. State of Colorado designated by the Colorado Scenic and Historic Byways